Colchester: Six homes targeted in latest spate of burglaries
- Credit: Archant
Burglars broke into sheds, garages and outbuildings at six properties in the same neighbourhood over the course of a single night.
Tools and gardening equipment were stolen from addresses in Salary Close and Bromley Road, Colchester, overnight on Sunday, June 9.
Since the end of the May there have been 20 similar incidents reported in Colchester and its nearby villages, where thieves have taken a range of items including golf clubs, gardening equipment, electrical tools and bicycles.
Colchester’s crime reduction advisor, Stephen Armson-Smith said: “Garages, sheds and barns by the nature of their construction and position, especially when away from the house are always going to vulnerable.
“With a number of these offences the buildings have been either insecure or had inadequate locks and security.”
You may also want to watch:
If you can help the investigation into recent burglaries call Essex police on 101.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 3 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 4 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 5 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 6 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 7 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 8 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 9 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure
- 10 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth