Colchester: Student, 18, robbed at knifepoint in early hours
An 18-year-old student was robbed at knifepoint in the early hours of this morning.
Detectives are investigating after the woman, who was walking along Elmstead Road, Colchester, was robbed by a man with a knife just after 2am.
He showed her a knife and demanded her bag, which she handed over, before he ran off towards Tesco leaving her shaken and in shock.
Her bag was a shiny black, Ted Baker bag with a pink bow.
Inspector Barry Atkinson said: “Knife crime remains a priority for both Essex Police and the Police and Crime Commissioner and we will continue to raise awareness among young people of the dangers of carrying knives and bring offenders to justice.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers carried out a full search of both sides of the river and in the Greenstead area but there was no trace of the suspect.
He was described as quite young, of slim build, around 5ft 8ins tall and was wearing a balaclava, dark clothing including jogging bottoms with white stripes down the legs and a hoody.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
Anyone with any information is asked to contact detectives at Colchester Police station on 101.