Colchester tea party to celebrate life after breast cancer to be held next month
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Organisers of a popular Colchester tea party, held to celebrate improving breast cancer survival rates, is appealing for people to take part in this year’s event.
The 16th annual Life After Breast Cancer tea party will take place on Thursday, October 12, from 3pm-5pm at the Moot Hall, Colchester Town Hall.
The event is open to anyone, including men, who has ever had a diagnosis of breast cancer – either recently of years ago.
Organised by the Friends of Essex County Hospital Breast Care Unit, the event is held during Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Karen Reeve, breast admin manager at Essex County Hospital, said: “The tea party provides an informal environment for those people who have had a diagnosis of breast cancer to meet each other and chat over a cup of tea, sandwiches and cake.
“People who have attended this event previously have found it very positive and supportive, and have made good friends.”
To book a place at the event, call Karen Reeve by October 5 on 01206 744408 or email email@example.com
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 4 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 5 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 6 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
- 9 Suffolk man with sexual interest in children is jailed
- 10 Ipswich Town 0-0 Barrow: Blues fall flat in cup once again