Trial date set for teenager denies wounding
- Credit: Archant
The trial of a Colchester teenager accused of being involved in a knife attack in the town will take place in August.
Before Ipswich Crown Court for a plea and trial preparation hearing via a prison video link was 18-year-old Dylan Awulonu, of Avin Way, Colchester.
He pleaded not guilty to an offence of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm on December 22.
He also denied two offences of having an article with a blade or point in Gascoigne Road, Colchester, namely a dagger style knife and a machete style knife on the same date.
Judge Rupert Overbury granted an application for bail and released Awulonu, who has no previous convictions, on conditional bail including a curfew and a condition that he doesn't enter Suffolk or Essex other than to attend court or to attend a pre-arranged meeting with his solicitor.
You may also want to watch:
His trial will get underway on August 24 and a pre-trial hearing will take place in July.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 3 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 4 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 6 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 7 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 8 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 9 Suffolk shops struggling to secure fresh meat as CO2 concerns deepen
- 10 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family