Colchester/Tending: Four people charged in connection with burglaries
- Credit: Archant
Four men have been charged in connection with a series of burglaries in Colchester and Tendring.
All four were arrested after two cars were stopped on the A12, one at Colchester and the other at Boreham, on Tuesday Aug 27.
Gerald Ryan, 19 of Orchard Close, Cottenham, Cambridge, Dennis Ryan 27, of no fixed address, Myle Connors, 25, of Briset Road, Eltham, south east London and Errol Flynn, 20, of Hilary Road, Shepherd’s Bush, west London are also charged with conspiracy to burgle between August 25 and August 27.
They were remanded in custody to appear at Colchester Magistrates’ Court where they were further remanded in custody to appear before Chelmsford Crown Court on November 4 for a plea and case management hearing.
Four of the burglaries were in the Clacton area and others were at Frating, Wivenhoe, Colchester and Thorpe.
You may also want to watch:
Police have recovered two stolen cars and a large quantity of jewellery during the investigation.
Four other people, a man and three women, were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to burgle as part of the same investigation.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 6 Takeaway owner fined £3.5k after series of food hygiene breaches
- 7 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 8 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 9 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
A man and a woman were initially arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender following an area search across St Osyth, Jaywick and Clacton after a number of burglaries.
Ground officers and the helicopter were involved in a search from around 7pm on Monday night, August 26 after a vehicle was reported as having been in the area of a burglary in Little Clacton.
A 22-year-old woman from Ongar and a 30-year-old man from Ipswich were arrested in Colchester Road, St Osyth, at 7.45pm on suspicion of assisting an offender. They were further arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to burgle. They were later bailed pending further enquiries.
Two women from London were also arrested on conspiracy to burgle and were also bailed pending further enquiries.