Search for volunteers to support Help for Heroes at Colchester Tesco
- Credit: Laura Haskell
Volunteers from veterans' charity Help for Heroes will be assisting customers at the Tesco Extra store in Colchester next month for their first collection of the year.
The fundraising initiative is being held across Tesco’s National Collection Weekend on June 26 and 27.
It also coincides with Armed Forces Day on June 26.
Tesco and Help for Heroes are marking the occasion by encouraging people in Colchester to show their support to wounded veterans and their families.
Volunteers are being sought to give up a few hours of their time to help out at the Highwoods supermarket over the upcoming weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Stuart Dickinson, store manager, said: "As lockdown restrictions ease, we are pleased to be able to launch the National Collection Weekend and support the incredible work of Help for Heroes.
"We hope as many people as possible from Colchester will get involved across the weekend and take this fun opportunity to reconnect with others, while making a difference supporting those who are wounded or injured as a result of service."
People can sign up for the fundraising effort on the Help for Heroes website.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 6 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 7 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 8 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 9 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 10 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown