Colchester: Thief snatches woman’s handbag
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a woman’s handbag as stolen.
The woman and her husband were walking along East Hill in Colchester from the town centre towards East Street when the incident happened at around 8.20pm on Sunday.
As the couple got to the bridge, on the opposite side of the road to the park, they looked over the railings.
At this point a man came past and snatched the woman’s bag from her hand before running across the road and jumping over the railings towards Castle Park.
The bag was dark pink leather with silver buckles attaching the handles to the bag and around a foot long. It contained a green Cath Kidston purse with various bank cards, keys and cash.
You may also want to watch:
The man was described as white, around 5ft 10ins, aged late teens to early 20s, of slight build with short dark hair and was wearing a red T-shirt.
Anyone with information should call Pc Amanda Beck at Colchester police station on 101.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 4 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 8 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 9 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 10 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt