Colchester to play host to 90s popstars Steps
- Credit: PA
90’s pop superstars Steps are to perform in Essex next summer.
The band whose hits include ‘5,6,7,8” and ‘Deeper Shade of Blue’ will be playing at Castle Park in Colchester on Saturday June 16 2018.
Steps will be supported at the gig by popular 00s boy band, Blue.
Organisers expect that there will be a large crowd for the gig .
Councillor Tim Young, Portfolio Holder for Business and Culture, said: “The Council has been working closely with the Liz Hobbs Group, who are promoting the tour nationally, and I am excited that Steps are playing at Castle Park in 2018.
You may also want to watch:
“To have an international superstar group playing at Castle Park is a great endorsement of the venue and the facilities we offer – and a fantastic opportunity for fans in Colchester to enjoy a spectacular concert so close to home!”
Tickets for the summer concert will go on sale on November 17 at 9am.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 8 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 9 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 10 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide