All trains through Colchester blocked after ‘trespass incident’
- Credit: Archant
All trains through Colchester station have been blocked after a trespassing incident was reported on the tracks.
Shortly before 4pm, Greater Anglia warned commuters that all mainline services through Colchester would be disrupted until further notice.
The firm said on Twitter: "Due to a trespass incident at Colchester all lines are blocked.
"Train services running through this station may be delayed.
"Disruption is expected until further notice."
You may also want to watch:
The incident comes after multiple Greater Anglia services to and from London were cancelled this morning.
Commuters were advised to avoid travelling to the capital by rail after damage to overhead wires between Colchester and Marks Tey.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 6 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 9 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 10 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill