Colchester: Van driver robbed at knifepoint in John Harper Street
- Credit: Archant
A van driver has been robbed at knifepoint in Colchester
Detectives are appealing for information following the robbery which happened in John Harper Street at about 2.15pm yesterday, Thursday, March 20.
The driver had walked back to his vehicle after making a delivery to a Chinese restaurant in North Station Road, when a man threatened him with a small knife and demanded cash.
He was then robbed of a shoulder bag containing a four-figure sum.
The suspect was white, about 5ft 9in tall and aged in his late 30s. He was said to be thick set and had short cropped dark hair.
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing large mirror sunglasses, a dark fleece-style top, jeans and dark-coloured footwear.
Anyone with information should contact the investigating officer DC Trevor Clark or his colleagues at Colchester CID on 101, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 6 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 7 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting