Bring your westie along for popular dog walk
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 westies are set to gather for a walk with a difference.
Amanda Doyland organises a westie walk in Colchester twice a year.
Last more than 100 dogs took part, with 78 of them being westies.
The first westie walk of this year will take place on Saturday, May 11 at Colchester Highwoods Country Park.
"At the moment it's looking like we will have over 100 westies do the walk," said Ms Doylan.
You may also want to watch:
"It's such a sight to see."
A raffle is also held as part of the event, with all money raised going to a westie charity.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 5 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 8 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 9 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 10 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
The walk - which starts at noon - takes about two and half hours, with three stops for refreshments along the way. All westies will receive a good bag and certificate.
The event will be followed by a second westie walk on Saturday, September 7.
For more information, search Westie Walk Colchester on Facebook.