Sheds destroyed and summerhouse damaged after fire at three properties
- Credit: Archant
Two sheds were destroyed and a summerhouse damaged after a fire, which affected three homes.
Essex County Fire and Rescue were called to Willett Road, Colchester shortly after 1pm on Thursday.
Three crews from Colchester and Wivenhoe were called to the fire which destroyed two sheds and a large section of fencing. .
A log summerhouse was also badly damaged.
Two gas cylinders also had to be cooled down.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was extinguished by 2.17pm.
Station Manager Danny Partridge said: “We requested a third crew due to the manpower and amount of water needed.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 2 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 5 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 6 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 7 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 8 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 10 'It wasn't good for all our hearts' - Roberts delight after Town comeback win
“Our crews did an outstanding job fighting the fire for so long on what was a very hot day.”
An investigation to determine the cause is continuing.