Three men arrested after searches in north Essex
- Credit: Archant
Three men were arrested on suspicion of supplying cannabis and money laundering, in north Essex today.
Officers from Colchester CID searched addresses in Berkley Close in Colchester, Elizabeth Avenue in Witham, and Nalla Gardens in Chelmsford.
They found and seized a quantity of drugs and a large amount of cash.
A 30 year-old man from Witham, a 32-year-old man from Colchester and a 34-year-old man from Chelmsford remain in custody on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of cannabis and money laundering offences.
Detective Sergeant David Box said: “This has been a successful pre-planned operation targeting an organised criminal network and our investigations are ongoing.
“I’d like to thank my team and our colleagues from OSG [Operational Support Group] for their support today.
“I hope this sends a message that we are committed in disrupting the activities of those looking to cultivate and supply cannabis and profit from their illegal activities.”
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 5 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 6 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 7 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
- 8 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?