Three men arrested after searches in north Essex
- Credit: Archant
Three men were arrested on suspicion of supplying cannabis and money laundering, in north Essex today.
Officers from Colchester CID searched addresses in Berkley Close in Colchester, Elizabeth Avenue in Witham, and Nalla Gardens in Chelmsford.
They found and seized a quantity of drugs and a large amount of cash.
A 30 year-old man from Witham, a 32-year-old man from Colchester and a 34-year-old man from Chelmsford remain in custody on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of cannabis and money laundering offences.
Detective Sergeant David Box said: “This has been a successful pre-planned operation targeting an organised criminal network and our investigations are ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d like to thank my team and our colleagues from OSG [Operational Support Group] for their support today.
“I hope this sends a message that we are committed in disrupting the activities of those looking to cultivate and supply cannabis and profit from their illegal activities.”
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 8 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop