Colchester/Witham: Man charged with dangerous driving after police pursuit
A MAN is due to appear in court next month after being charged with dangerous driving following a police pursuit.
Road policing officers followed a vehicle through Colchester at 3.30am on Tuesday after the people inside were seen to be acting suspiciously in Queen Street.
The car was driven along several roads before officers used a Stinger device to stop the vehicle around 30 minutes later on the A12 at Hatfield Peverel.
Two men were arrested at the scene. The 32-year-old man, from Witham, was charged with dangerous driving and failing to provide a specimen of breath for analysis.
While a 29-year-old man, from Colchester, was subsequently released without charge.
The man has been released on bail before his appearance at Colchester Magistrates’ Court on May 15.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 6 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 7 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 8 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Plans submitted for Suffolk equestrian centre's new home
- 10 'Fans are disgruntled - I understand it' - Cook on Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s