Colchester: Witness intimidation charges in Jay Whiston house party murder probe
- Credit: © Peter Lawson/Eastnews Press A
Two people have been charged with witness intimidation in connection with the investigation into the murder of a teenager in Colchester last year.
Jay Whiston was stabbed at a house party on Marlowe Way just after 10pm on Saturday, September 8, 2013.
The 17-year-old from Aster Close, Clacton died a short time later in hospital. A provisional post-mortem examination result showed the cause of death to have been a stab wound.
In May 2013, four people were arrested on suspicion of witness intimidation.
Alan Loughlin, 18, of Titania Close, Colchester has been charged with three counts of intimidating a witness and released on bail to appear at Colchester Magistrates’ Court on the morning of July 30, 2013.
You may also want to watch:
Kieran Marsh, 18, of Creffield Road, Colchester has been charged with two counts of intimidating a witness and released on bail to appear at Colchester Magistrates’ Court on July 30, 2013.
Two people from Clacton, a 16-year-old girl, and an 18-year-old woman, have been re-bailed pending further enquiries until August 6, 2013 and August 8, 2013 respectively.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 3 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 6 Woman's body found in village home
- 7 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 10 'It's been a strange few days' - Skuse gives emotional exit interview