Colchester: Woman in hospital after suspected carbon monoxide poisoning
- Credit: Archant
A woman described as “elderly” was overcome by fumes after it is believed she breathed in carbon monoxide.
The incident happened in a house in Queen Mary Avenue, Colchester at around 4am.
An ambulance spokesman said: “She was taken to Colchester General for further assessment, although her condition wasn’t thought to be life threatening.”
Fire crews had also been called.
Earlier on at just after 8.20pm last night, firefighters were tasked to a home in Enid Way, Colchester.
You may also want to watch:
A woman, believed to be in her 90s, suffered from shock after breathing in smoke coming from a kitchen fire.
The fire was out on arrival but firefighters administered oxygen to the woman before ambulance staff arrived.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 3 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 4 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 5 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 8 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 9 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn
An ambulance spokesman said the woman was left in the care of her family after suffering minor smoke inhalation.
Firefighters then cleared the property of smoke using a high pressure fan.