Long delays after car crash outside Colchester Zoo
- Credit: Archant
A car crash near the entrance to Colchester Zoo is causing long delays for school holiday visitors.
The incident happened shortly after 9.30am today at the junction of Warren Lane and Maldon Road, and police officers are on scene to direct traffic past the blockage.
The accident took place near to the entrance of the popular zoo, which is particularly busy with families making the most of the school holidays.
The zoo has advised visitors to plan alternative routes to avoid the incident.
They tweeted this morning: “If you are travelling to the zoo this morning please be aware that unfortunately there has been an accident on the Maldon Road of which police are in attendance.
You may also want to watch:
“Check your travel plans as there may be an alternate route to avoid this. We look forward to seeing you soon.”
Pc Jed Raven also tweeted: “Road traffic collision Warren lane Colchester at the junction with Maldon Road. No right turn from Maldon road into Warren lane whilst vehicles get recovered. Colchester Zoo is still OPEN for visitors.”
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 5 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
- 8 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 9 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 10 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar