Cold caller steals purse from elderly woman
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a cold caller stole an elderly woman’s purse in Pakefield.
Officers were called to an address in London Road on Monday, following reports that a man had tapped on the window of an elderly woman’s home.
When the victim opened the door, the man said he “was doing something next door and wanted £10”. The suspect was then allowed entry into the house while the victim took £10 from her purse.
After a short time the man left, which is when the victim noticed her purse was missing.
The incident is believed to have taken place between 12.30pm and 1pm on Monday, April 16.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who saw suspicious activity in the area or has any information which may help with inquiries is asked to contact East CID at Suffolk Police on 101, quoting crime reference number 37/20471/18.
Advice on how to deal with cold callers and how to keep yourself safe at home can also be found on the ‘advice’ pages on the Suffolk police webpage.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 3 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 4 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 5 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 6 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 7 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 10 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health