Be prepared - It’s getting colder, windier and wetter as we approach the weekend
- Credit: Ashley Pickering
Patchy rain and colder temperatures are coming to Suffolk and Essex this weekend in the wake of the scorching Easter weekend.
We awoke this morning to heavy rain, in contrast to the summer-like feel of recent days.
This is already drying up and we can even expect some sunshine this afternoon, with temperatures as high as 17C.
In a tweet from regional forecasters Weatherquest, they said their team expect a cloudy start with some rain, clearing to the north later this morning and light south or southeasterly winds.
A dry Thursday night and southerly winds will be followed by a colder front from the north on Friday night and Saturday. Large patches of heavier showers will hit most of Suffolk on Saturday, reaching north Essex by Saturday night.
You may also want to watch:
Temperatures over Friday and the weekend are expected to be 10C or lower, but rain and wind chills could make conditions feel colder.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 7 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots