Woman hurt as car flips onto its roof in crash near A14
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been injured in a collision with a lorry, which left her car on its roof on a slip road off the A14 in Bury St Edmunds.
Suffolk police were called to the accident at 2.30pm today (Friday, May 29) after a Volkswagen Up! collided with a lorry on a slip road coming off the A14 near Sainsbury’s by Bury St Edmunds.
The female driver of the car was initially thought to be trapped in the car and two firefighters crews were called to the scene.
However, an ambulance attended and the woman was safely removed from the overturned car without assistance from the fire service, who were then stood down.
The Volkswagen driver’s injuries are not thought to be serious and she does not require hospital treatment at this time.
You may also want to watch:
Recovery has been called for the vehicle, which is to one side of the road and traffic has built up in the area.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 6 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 10 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill