Collision blocks A14 exit slip road in Claydon
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
A collision between a car and a lamp post blocked an exit slip road on the A14 at Claydon earlier today.
Police were called to the incident at 7.50am, with Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service receiving a call two minutes later.
There was only one vehicle involved in the collision, a Ford Fiesta.
A Suffolk police spokeswoman said it appeared a man was trapped in the car, and the lamp post was at a “dangerous angle”.
A spokesman for the fire service said: “One appliance from Needham Market, one appliance from Stowmarket and one appliance from Princes Street were called to a road traffic accident on the A14 Eastbound carriageway.
“Vehicle stabilisation was started to allow rescue of one casualty who was trapped in the vehicle.
“This incident was under control by 8.37am at which point one casualty had been released by the fire service.”
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 4 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-1 win v Accrington
- 6 "I love him... I think he’s absolutely brilliant' - Chaplin on Town boss McKenna
- 7 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 8 'Ludicrous' - Stanley boss on 'big turning point' in Town loss
- 9 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 10 Suspected drink driver who crashed into bush among five arrested in Newmarket area
The road had reopened at 10am.