Emergency services attend crash in Ixworth Road, Great Barton
- Credit: James Bass
A motorist had to be cut free from their vehicle by firefighters following a crash in a Suffolk village.
Police received a call at 3.40pm today to reports a collision between two cars in Ixworth Road, Great Barton.
The crash involved a Volvo and a BMW.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary said one person was trapped in their vehicle.
Five fire crews – two from Bury St Edmunds and one each from Newmarket, Ixworth and Thetford – attended.
You may also want to watch:
No-one was believed to have been seriously hurt.
The road was closed and reopened just before 6.30pm.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 4 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 5 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 6 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Over 4,000 people test positive for Covid with cases continuing to rise
- 10 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game