Crash between van and lorry on A14 eastbound at Stowmarket
Traffic was heavy on a main Suffolk road today after two vehicles collided.
The crash happened on the A14 eastbound at Stowmarket near the junction for the A1308 around 12.45pm.
No-one was believed to have been seriously injured during the incident, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary said.
The collision involved a Ford Transit panel van and a Scania lorry.
One lane of the A14 was closed for around 45 minutes while emergency services worked at the scene.
Police also shut the slip road at Haughley.
The police spokeswoman said traffic was reported to be building up in the area.
- 1 Matchday Recap: How Town's 3-0 win against MK unfolded
- 2 Firefighters tackle large blaze near Suffolk recycling centre
- 3 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 4 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 5 20 fire engines and 90 firefighters contain large forest blaze
- 6 Popular carnival's firework display cancelled
- 7 Road closed as emergency services called to single-vehicle crash
- 8 Fire crews extinguish large playing field fire in Suffolk village
- 9 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 10 Suffolk letting agent admits swindling customers out of £80,000
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service sent three vehicles – once each from Ipswich East, Stowmarket and Elmswell – to the scene, but the incident was under control when they arrived.
A brigade spokesman said: “All persons were released by arrival and no action was required by the fire service.”