Crash between van and lorry on A14 eastbound at Stowmarket
Traffic was heavy on a main Suffolk road today after two vehicles collided.
The crash happened on the A14 eastbound at Stowmarket near the junction for the A1308 around 12.45pm.
No-one was believed to have been seriously injured during the incident, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary said.
The collision involved a Ford Transit panel van and a Scania lorry.
One lane of the A14 was closed for around 45 minutes while emergency services worked at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Police also shut the slip road at Haughley.
The police spokeswoman said traffic was reported to be building up in the area.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 7 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 8 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 9 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service sent three vehicles – once each from Ipswich East, Stowmarket and Elmswell – to the scene, but the incident was under control when they arrived.
A brigade spokesman said: “All persons were released by arrival and no action was required by the fire service.”