Colourful character stars in charity role
- Credit: supplied
This colourful car character landed at Lancaster Toyota Ipswich this week and will be taking to the road over the summer to have some fun with the new Aygo city car while also helping charities.
A bright red, specially-liveried Toyota GT86 coupe, dubbed Speed McQueen, is proving a real hit with children after starting its string of guest appearances in the area by landing at Lancaster Toyota Ipswich in Augusta Close on Ransomes Europark.
Dealer principal Andy Trott said that having the special GT86 at the dealership was proving a draw for families with children who wanted their picture taken with it.
The eye-catching car will be visiting various events over summer with its first outing the fete at Heath Primary School at Kesgrave on Saturday, June 21 to raise money for the Treehouse at Ipswich, part of East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices.
“We are trying to get this car to visit as many events as possible and want to get out and about in Ipswich and the surrounding area,” he explained.
You may also want to watch:
The dealership is also encouraging people to take selfies with the car for a competition being run on its Facebook page – Facebook.com/ipswichtoyota
While the car is out and about with the new Aygo to promote the second-generation city car, which arrives in showrooms at the end of this month, it also provides an opportunity to help charities, including Whizz-Kidz, the chosen charity of Jardine Motor Group which includes Lancaster Toyota Ipswich.
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 5 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 8 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash
- 9 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 10 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
Whizz-Kidz has transformed the lives of more than 18,000 disabled, providing them with essential wheelchairs and other mobility equipment they need to lead fun and active childhoods. It also runs youth groups, wheelchair skills training, work experience placements and residential camps.
“It is also about putting a bit of fun into fund-raising,” explained Mr Trott. “We want to use it to raise money and awareness for charities.”
The Toyota GT86 and Aygo will also be at Felixstowe Carnival on Saturday, July 26.
For more information about Whizz-Kidz visit the website at www.whizz-kidz.org.uk