Opening day of Bury St Edmunds' Combat2Coffee a 'great success'
- Credit: Supplied/Steve Armon Trigpoint Pictures
Combat2Coffee, a coffee shop that supports ex and current military personnel's mental health, celebrated launching its newest café in Bury St Edmunds on Thursday, October 7.
The café runs out of the Constitutional Club in the town centre and wants to encourage anyone to visit whether they are after a great cup of coffee or feel like they need a chat.
Former Royal Anglian soldier Major Ian Robinson, who raised thousands for the café and will be volunteering, said: "Our first day has been a great success, with a good mix of customers who were really enthusiastic about both the coffee and the feel of the place.
"Lots of chatting amongst the customers and positivity about what we are offering the community which was great to see."
The café will host an NHS support group for veterans and hope to host other groups.
You may also want to watch:
He added: "We would like to thank all of our supporters and customers and look forward to seeing them all again soon."
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology