Combine harvester causes power cut near Diss
- Credit: Archant
Engineers are working to restore full power to residents’ homes after a combine harvester brought down a power line in a field near Suffolk.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service were called to a field fire off Tottington Lane, Diss, at around 6.15pm.
The fire was caused by the combine harvester bringing down a power line.
This may have affected residents’ homes in areas with the following postcodes: IP22 1, IP22 3, and IP22 5.
UK Power staff are at the scene and attempting to fix the power line.
You may also want to watch:
According to UK Power the problem will not be fixed until midnight.
Two crews from Diss Fire Station put out the fire using hose reel jets and the area was cordoned off.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 10 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast