Combs Ford: School children prepare parcels for food bank in time for Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Pupils are making parcels of food to be given to families in need this Christmas.
Every year teachers at Combs Ford Primary School, in Stowmarket, usually receive gifts from their pupils.
But now the youngsters have decided to wrap up presents to be given to the town’s food bank.
Headteacher Russell Clark said: “The idea was put forward by a member of staff and we all thought it was a great way of demonstrating to the children about being charitable; but we were concerned that we didn’t want to offend either the children or their parents by the idea.
“Having been given a resounding thumbs up from a group of parents that were questioned, we went ahead and announced the idea – the response from other parents has been very positive too.”
You may also want to watch:
The children are appealing for extra help in filling the parcels. Contact the school on 01449 613112.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 6 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 7 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 8 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 9 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 10 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire