Comets swoop for Schramm
WORKINGTON have completed their line-up for the new season with the signing of 2009 title winner Chris Schramm.Schramm was part of last year's victorious King's Lynn team but could not be fitted into the Stars' side for their Premier League defence.
WORKINGTON have completed their line-up for the new season with the signing of 2009 title winner Chris Schramm.
Schramm was part of last year's victorious King's Lynn team but could not be fitted into the Stars' side for their Premier League defence.
He joins the Comets on a 7.34 average after the club's efforts to sign a nine-point man proved to be in vain.
Owner Keith Denham said: "The Comets fans would have been expecting a rider with a higher average to complete our team but I'm afraid there just isn't anyone of that quality available.
You may also want to watch:
"At the end of the day we decided to go for the best of what was left and Chris fits the bill."
Manager Ian Thomas added: "Chris had three very good meetings for King's Lynn at Workington last season in the League, Cup and Premier League Fours. He's a racer who we feel sure will fit in well at Derwent Park.
- 2 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 3 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 4 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 9 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
- 10 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
"He's very keen even though he lives in Chelmsford and faces a 650 round trip for each match at Derwent Park."