Commuter chaos after M25 crash
A FOUR-vehicle crash on the M25 is causing major disruption for commuters in the region this morning.
COMMUTER traffic was thrown into chaos for more than three hours today after a collision on the M25 involving three lorries.
All three lanes of the anti-clockwise carriageway were closed between the junction with the A12 and junction 28 following the incident at around 4.45am.
Police in Essex are investigating whether the crash had been caused by a deer, which was found dead on the opposite carriageway.
A broken down lorry also caused delays on the clockwise carriageway after blocking one lane.
Access was hampered by major road works taking place to widen that stretch of the motorway.
Four teams of firefighters were sent to the scene, where they spent nearly an hour cutting free a lorry driver who had become trapped in his cab.
- 1 London couple transform Suffolk home into an 'intimate' lifestyle retreat
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Forbidden Suffolk: 5 more places you can’t visit in Suffolk
- 4 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 5 Two motorbikes stolen after break-in at Suffolk home
- 6 The night Town beat Real Madrid - and why they're still part of elite club
- 7 Driver being taken to hospital after car ends up on roof in field
- 8 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 9 Former Town striker's front-to-back season could end in Wembley glory
- 10 When will bins be emptied during the Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend?
The driver was taken to hospital with leg injuries, but no-one else is believed to have been injured.
The road did not fully re-open until around 9am.
Anyone witnesses to the crash are asked to call the Road Policing Unit at Chigwell police on 0300 333 444.