Commuter Diary: 15 minute delays in and out of London
- Credit: Archant
After a string of delays and congestion on the line to London in recent days, commuters were hit with another setback this morning.
Commuter Anita Curtis said: “We are told to get to the station five minutes earlier each day until December but then the train comes in at its normal time!
“This morning it was one coach short which means people were standing from Ipswich. Absolute chaos.
“It was also 15 minutes late arriving in to London (the same as yesterday).”
Yesterday, they delays during the morning rush hour were due to overrunning engineering works.
You may also want to watch:
Anita, who travels to London Liverpool Street each day, was delayed on the return leg too.
She said: “Trains both ways were 15 minutes late. I hope this is not a sign of things to come as it was not a good week last week.”
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 3 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn
Share your commuter experience by adding #CommuterDiary to your tweets