Commuter Diary: First class delays
- Credit: citizenside.com
LOVE was in the air last night as commuters were offered a little extra treat on their journey’s home but normal service resumed this morning.
Last night Anita Curtis reported: “Much confusion (and excitement) tonight. Our normal coach was in fact a first class coach (which apparently had been declassified for the journey so no complimentary refreshments!).
“Nice to travel with extra leg room, a table light and, indeed, curtains. Hope this does not make the train late as have to be at theatre by 7.30pm.”
Later she said: “Yes we are on time and it was a pleasure to travel tonight. Wonder If I could stretch to first class.”
But this morning, there was no such luxury. She has emailed to say: “We were 25 minutes late this morning due to line congestion caused by earlier faulty train.
“To be fair the conductor kept us informed throughout. I will now have to get the tube to work.
“Normal train carriages today - shame!”
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 3 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 4 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 5 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 6 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 7 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 8 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 9 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 10 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
To add your thoughts on train travel in East Anglia add #CommuterDiary to your Tweet.