Commuter Diary: Hazardous start to the day after further snowfall
- Credit: citizenside.com
It was a cold wait for passengers lining the platforms at Ipswich station this morning, with snow settling and an icy wind whipping around them.
Describing her morning, Anita Curtis said: ““After a hazardous drive to the station this morning, I only just managed to get on the train.
“On walking through it was apparent that it was one or maybe two coaches short.
“I did, however, just manage to get a seat in coach B. Unfortunately those getting on at Manningtree and Colchester were not so lucky.
“The train was then delayed at Chelmsford due to signal problems and an earlier broken down train. We arrived in London 20 minutes behind schedule.”
Last night she said: “Normal train set tonight and my coach was nice and warm.
“The train was delayed on way home due to following late running services. We were 10 minutes late at Ipswich.”
- 1 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 2 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 3 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 4 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
- 5 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 6 Automatics out-of-reach and making the play-offs a real battle? The size of the task now facing Ipswich
- 7 'You can't kid supporters... we have to give them a lift' - Cook previews Crewe clash
- 8 Willow Tree Farm Shop & Cafe: 'A lovely blend of upmarket and informal'
- 9 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 10 Action taken to target second home owners exploiting tax loophole
Share your commuter experience by adding #CommuterDiary to your Tweets