Commuter Diary: Leg room is a luxury when trains are delayed
- Credit: Archant
A blockage on the line before Ipswich has caused commuter chaos this morning.
Our commuter correspondent, Anita Curtis said: “I arrived at the station this morning and, you can always tell when something is wrong, as everyone is milling around in the booking hall.
“Greater Anglia said they did not know when the next inter city train would be arriving from Norwich as there was a blockage on the line before Ipswich.
“As a result we were advised to get the shaky slow “stopping” train.
“This train, as far as I am concerned, is not meant for inter city travel.
“I am not very big but was squashed up against the window with one leg resting on the shelf above the heater just to get a bit of space. No room to read a newspaper and shaken about the whole journey. “Eventually it arrived 20 minutes later than normal train.
“I dare say Greater Anglia would say that I was lucky to get a seat - but at £5,608 I don’t see it that way.”
- 1 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 2 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 3 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 4 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
- 5 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 6 Automatics out-of-reach and making the play-offs a real battle? The size of the task now facing Ipswich
- 7 'You can't kid supporters... we have to give them a lift' - Cook previews Crewe clash
- 8 Willow Tree Farm Shop & Cafe: 'A lovely blend of upmarket and informal'
- 9 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 10 Action taken to target second home owners exploiting tax loophole