Commuter Diary: Threat of DVT on over-crowded vintage train
Calls for upgrades to the Greater Anglia fleet were stronger than ever this morning and bone-shaking old train rolled into Ipswich station.
“Not a good journey this morning,” reported Anita Curtis, who travels to London four days a week.
“We were told to expect only eight coaches this morning but it was a surprise to find not an inter city pulling in but an old and shaky train that should have been put out to pasture 20 years ago.
“After a scramble for seats I managed to squeeze myself in but no room for manoeuvre. If I had to travel like this every day I would need compression socks to prevent deep vein thrombosis.
“This type of train was not meant for long journeys.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “This evening’s train was fortunately an inter city and arrived almost on time. Lovely to be able to stretch the legs!”
Were you onboard the bone shaker this morning? Share your thoughts here or add #CommuterDiary to your tweets
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder