Commuters delayed after fatal rail crash
TRAIN services on the Norwich to London line were delayed today after a woman was killed in a collision with a train.The accident, which is not being treated as suspicious, happened about 1pm just north of Chelmsford.
TRAIN services on the Norwich to London line were delayed today after a woman was killed in a collision with a train.
The accident, which is not being treated as suspicious, happened about 1pm just north of Chelmsford.
The woman, who was in her 50s, is expected to be formally identified tomorrow.
Both tracks were closed while the officers from the British Transport Police investigated the incident, with some passengers delayed for up to two hours.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for train operator one said the line was reopened by 2.30pm.
Although delays were caused to afternoon commuters, he said services were running normally in time for the early evening rush.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 6 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 7 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 8 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 10 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game