Commuters delayed due to rail line problems
COMMUTERS were left frustrated as severe problems on the rail lines caused delays of up to 30 minutes.
The popular commuter line between Norwich and London Liverpool Street was disrupted due to wiring issues.
The disruptions had been caused due to overhead wire problems in the Norwich area.
Earlier today, Jonathan Denby, from National Express East Anglia, said: “It’s very difficult. There is a major problem with the swing bridge just outside Norwich station which means no trains can go over it at the moment.”
Journeys from Norwich to Diss, Stowmarket, Ipswich, Colchester, Witham and London Liverpool Street and also Norwich, Wymondham, Attleborough, Thetford, Ely and Cambridge/Peterborough are affected.
You may also want to watch:
Engineers worked as fast as possible to restore services to normal and while maintenance was being carried out the service did not stop at Norwich.
Although the issue has now been fixed, passengers are advised that delays of up to 30 minutes and crowding are expected on the service.
- 1 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 10 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week