Trains delays expected at Colchester after signal failure on Greater Anglia mainline
- Credit: Archant
Trains between London Liverpool Street and Norwich are currently affected by a signal failure between Colchester and Ipswich stations that briefly brought trains at Colchester to a standstill.
Greater Anglia are currently forecasting that services running through stations on this line may be cancelled, delayed by up to 30 minutes or revised.
Disruption is expected until 6pm at time of writing.
Branch lines are already being affected with delays - the 3.22pm Manningtree-Harwich Town and 2.50pm Harwich Town-Manningtee have already been cancelled as a result of this signal failure.
A spokesman for the Anglia Rail Users Group said: “There seems to be a concerning increase with infrastructure faults, considering the amount of investment that has been carried out on the lines.
You may also want to watch:
“We will be writing to MPs to request this is at looked at urgently.
“We hope that Greater Anglia and Network Rail are able to work towards finding a suitable resolution to these issues in a timely fashion.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 8 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 9 'It wasn't good for all our hearts' - Roberts delight after Town comeback win
- 10 Former Town boss McCarthy sacked by Cardiff City
Greater Anglia are sharing updates on the line via their Twitter feed.