Winner of our £1,000 giveaway competition revealed
- Credit: Archant
The winner of the East Anglian Daily Times and Ipswich Star’s £1,000 giveaway says she is “overwhelmed” by the prize.
Mary Brown, 76, from Hundon, near Haverhill, said she was shocked when she found out she had scooped the money.
“It was a lovely surprise,” she said. “I couldn’t believe it, I was so overwhelmed.
“My dad was a Suffolk man and always had the East Anglian so we grew up with it around the house.
“We always pick up our copy from our local shop in Hundon.”
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Brown said her husband visited the new cardiac centre at West Suffolk Hospital to have a new pacemaker fitted on Christmas Eve, and the couple will be donating some of the money to charity.
“We will be making a small donation to the My WiSH Charity, because they were so good,” she said.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 4 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 6 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 7 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
“There’s no big plans of what to do with the rest, but we will probably enjoy some days out at the seaside.”
To be in with the chance of winning, entrants had to collect specially printed tokens.
Thousands of people from across the county entered for a chance to scoop the £1,000 prize.