Competitors from all over the world to descend on Suffolk for firefighters challenge
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters from all over the world will push themselves to the limit in an annual challenge – which this year is being held in Bury St Edmunds.
The British Firefighter Challenge provides a day of entertainment for spectators as well as raising vital funds for The Firefighters Charity.
This year’s competition will be hosted by Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service at the Arc shopping centre, on Friday and Saturday, with both individual and team events taking place.
Friday will see individual firefighters in different age categories take on a variety of different challenges, including the stair ascent, hose haul, container carry and casualty rescue.
The team relay event will take place on Saturday, with the competition action taking place in the Cattle Market car park behind the shopping centre.
You may also want to watch:
The event will welcome around 240 competitors from places such as Germany, Malta, the Czech Republic and India to take part in the challenges alongside firefighters from across the UK.
There will also be a vintage fire appliance in Charter Square at the Arc as well as a children’s fun course.
For more information, visit www.britishfirefighterchallenge.co.uk
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 3 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 4 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 5 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 6 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 8 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 9 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 10 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'