Concert in aid of teenager’s Borneo conservation trip
- Credit: Archant
A concert is being held to raise money towards a conservation trip to Borneo to help the plight of indegenious people and wildlife struggling in today’s climate.
Hazel Whittle, 16, from Woodbridge, is hosting an evening of Bornean entertainment including music performed by herself and friends as well as home cooked food to honour her forthcoming journey with Camps International.
Working to help plant trees, provide a kindergarten and a community hub for the isolated villagers in the Kinabatangan Valley in North East Borneo, Hazel is passionate about the plight of the area and said: "In this time when we face a climate emergency, this work has never been more important.
"I have always had a fascination with rainforest ecosystems and the amazing and diverse life forms they support.
"So when I heard there was an opportunity to join an expedition to Borneo with Camps International and be involved in conservation work as well as working alongside local communities, I thought this was an amazing opportunity to make a positive impact on such a special environment."
You may also want to watch:
Hazel has raised £345 so far and is hoping to raise more with her concert held on Sunday, November 17 at Burness parish rooms, the Street, Melton.
Tickets cost £10 and are available at firstname.lastname@example.org
To donate, press here.
- 1 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 2 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 3 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 5 Judge won't play for Ipswich again this season as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 7 Mark Ashton: The 'divisive' figure with a track record for promotion and profits
- 8 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 9 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 10 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first