Coney Weston: Brass lectern stolen as thieves raid church
A BRASS lectern was stolen from a church in Suffolk, police have said.
The church in Hopton Road, Coney Weston was targeted by thieves between 8am and 5.30pm yesterday.
Thieves walked into the unlocked church and took the Victorian-era lectern, which is described as four feet high, with a brass spiral stand and two brass candlestick holders.
A gas canister was stolen from the church at some point between August 1 and the following day.
Police would like to hear from anyone who may have information that could help the investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Calls can be made to Sgt Kevin Jay, quoting crime number BR/12/548 on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 5 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 6 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 7 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 8 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health