Newmarket conference focuses on vision for future
- Credit: Archant
A community conference looking at projects to improve Newmarket is being held for residents and businesses in the town.
It takes place on Tuesday September 24 has been organised by Newmarket Vision, a partnership of public, private and voluntary sector groups set up in 2012.
It is working to improve the town centre, tourism and educational opportunities, traffic and community planning.
Paul West, the chairman of the Newmarket Vision Steering Group, said: "The objectives all state how we wish the town to be in 20 years time.
"We are now a third of the way into the work, a good point to take stock and look ahead.
"Visitors will see the strong start that's been made, find out what's coming up in the next few months and most importantly, tell us if what we are doing is making a difference for local people."
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 3 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 4 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 5 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 6 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 7 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 8 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 'If we're clever there's lots to learn' - McKenna on Town's Bolton lessons
- 10 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month