Newmarket conference focuses on vision for future
- Credit: Archant
A community conference looking at projects to improve Newmarket is being held for residents and businesses in the town.
It takes place on Tuesday September 24 has been organised by Newmarket Vision, a partnership of public, private and voluntary sector groups set up in 2012.
It is working to improve the town centre, tourism and educational opportunities, traffic and community planning.
Paul West, the chairman of the Newmarket Vision Steering Group, said: "The objectives all state how we wish the town to be in 20 years time.
"We are now a third of the way into the work, a good point to take stock and look ahead.
You may also want to watch:
"Visitors will see the strong start that's been made, find out what's coming up in the next few months and most importantly, tell us if what we are doing is making a difference for local people."
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 3 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 4 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 9 Missing person from Braintree has been found
- 10 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death