Wet weather causes major congestion in Ipswich town centre
Traffic delays on A12 and A14 causing delays for commuters, with knock-on problems across the town.
Congestion has built up around Copdock and along the A14 towards Felixstowe, although there have been no accidents.
The AA are blaming the congestion on the wet weather combining with the usual rush hour issues in and around Ipswich.
On the A12, traffic is queued back to Capel St Mary.
There is also heavy traffic on A14 eastbound between the Whitehouse interchange (Junction 53 A1156) and the Nacton interchange (Junction 57 A1189).
You may also want to watch:
There are reports of it taking up to 40 minutes to travel from Copdock into the main town centre, a journey of around four miles.
Back roads into the town are also traffic logged as drivers try and avoid the main routes.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 3 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 9 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour
Congestion is likely to start clearing shortly as the rush hour dies down.