Man accused of stealing BMW from driveway of property
A 21-year-old man has appeared in court accused of stealing a BMW from outside a Suffolk address.
Connor Higgins is alleged to have stolen a BMW 116 from the driveway of a property in Great Cornard overnight between November 21 and 22 last year.
Higgins, of St Edmunds Close, Stowmarket, has also been charged with fraudulently using a bank card to buy £20.35 of items from a Newmarket filling station on November 22 and with handling stolen number plates on November 23.
He gave no indication of plea to the three charges during a short hearing at Suffolk Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday.
Prosecutor Colette Harper submitted that the case was unsuitable for summary trial and asked magistrates to defer jurisdiction to the crown court.
You may also want to watch:
Higgins was remanded in custody to appear before Ipswich Crown Court for a plea and trial preparation hearing on October 7.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology