Consultation starts on Sproughton homes project
Suffolk-based housebuilder Hopkins Homes is consulting residents on proposals for a new 70-home development on land off Loraine Way in Sproughton.
The project will feature homes in a mixture of sizes and styles, together with new public open space.
Around 35% of the properties will be affordable housing, in line with Babergh Council’s adopted planning policy.
A drop-in public consultation event is being held today at Sproughton Tithe Barn, Lower Street, Sproughton, between 3pm and 7.30pm.
The development is expected to generate around £500,000 in Community Infrastructure Levy for roads, schools, open space and health centres. Around 15 per cent of this would then be directed to Sproughton Parish Council.
A further £600,000 investment in local facilities and public services is also estimated through the Government’s New Homes Bonus scheme.
Simon Bryan, development director of Hopkins Homes, said: “We are committed to building attractive, well-designed new communities and homes that people really want to live in.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 4 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 5 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 6 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 7 Motorist was three times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for £13k a week Walton
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-0 Bolton loss
- 10 McKenna on Walton, Bonne and signing a new defender after Nsiala exit
“We understand that residents will want to ensure that the new development fits in and enhances the existing, thriving Sproughton community, so we are very much looking forward to discussing our plans and hearing their views. Please do come along to see the plans and ask any questions you might have.”
Residents attending the event will have the opportunity to Information about the proposals and how to provide feedback will be added to www.loraineway.co.uk following the exhibition.