Police issue CCTV images following armed robbery at petrol station
- Credit: Archant
CCTV images have been released of a man police are looking to trace following an armed robbery at a petrol station near Stowmarket.
The robbery took place just after 6am on Thursday, April 2, at the Esso Service Station in Combs Ford.
A man had approached the counter, pointed a knife at the member of staff and demanded that they empty the till.
An amount of cash was then handed over and the offender then left, walking off onto Ipswich Road in the direction of the town centre.
Detectives have now released CCTV images of a man they would like to trace in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Although you cannot see the man’s face in the pictures, they show the clothes he was wearing including a red baseball cap, grey hooded top and bandana covering his face.
He was also carrying a backpack.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 5 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 6 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 7 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 8 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 9 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 10 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: “Police would like to hear from anyone who saw a man wearing clothing matching this description in the area of Combs Ford and Ipswich Road between 5.30am and 6.30am last Thursday, and in particular anyone driving through who may have captured dashcam footage.”
Any witnesses to this crime, or anyone with information or dashcam footage, are asked to contact West CID at Bury St Edmunds Police Station on 101 quoting reference: 19241/20.