How this dad's first EVER tweet went viral
- Credit: Chris Northwood
A Suffolk dad shared a picture of his new football boots on Twitter at Christmas - and was shocked to see his post go viral.
Chris Northwood, from Tattingstone near Ipswich, unwrapped a pair of black and white Adidas Copa Mundial boots on Christmas morning and decided to share his gift on Twitter.
To his surprise, a tweet with a picture of the boots gained a lot of attention - reaching more than 25,000 likes.
The post also prompted others to share their experiences of playing in old football boots, with most players opting for more colourful variants in the modern game.
Mr Northwood said: "I've always loved these. I recently started coaching and I wanted to get some new boots.
You may also want to watch:
"I was over the moon with them.
"The post prompted a lot of conversation. I just think it made people reminisce about the boots they used to wear."
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 3 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 4 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 6 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 7 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 8 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 9 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 10 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark