Copdock Hall barn near Ipswich opens as wedding and events venue after renovation
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
One of Suffolk’s newest venues has officially opened its doors after a two-year renovation project.
Copdock Hall barn, near Ipswich, was built around 1570 and is one of the last remaining all-brick Tudor tithe barns in the county.
It was bought three years ago by Ian and Diane Evans who wanted to convert it into a wedding and events venue alongside a vineyard, which they planted two years ago.
Work finally started in April 2014 and finished last week, culminating in the opening and wedding fair on Sunday.
Mrs Evans said: “It’s been a real labour of love, but we got there in the end. It’s been very satisfying, especially since everyone involved in the work have all come from Suffolk or north Essex.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a beautiful building and it’s amazing so few people knew it existed despite knowing the area and driving past the property so many times. Hopefully that will change now we’re up and running.”
They now hope the barn will become a major attraction, with an open day planned for June 28 in conjunction with St Peter’s Church.
- 1 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 2 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 3 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 4 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 5 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 6 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 7 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 8 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 9 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 10 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'