Cyclist left with fractured spine following hit and run with white van
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist was taken to hospital with serious injuries following a collision with a white van in Clacton in which the driver failed to stop.
The 18-year-old was riding his grey Carrera mountain bike in Coppins Road in the west of the town on Friday, April 5 when he was involved in a collision with a small white van at 11am.
The driver failed to stop following the collision, which left the victim requiring hospital treatment for a fractured spine and internal injuries. Police have described his injuries as serious.
Family members later tried to recover the bike following the collision, but upon arrival at the scene found it was missing.
Police are appealing for witnesses who saw the collision, or those who have any information on the whereabouts of the bike.
You may also want to watch:
Those with information should contact Stanway Roads Policing Unit on 101. Alternatively, information can be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 4 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial