Coronation Street stars reunite as Michelle Collins arrives in Clacton to see former cast mate in panto
- Credit: Archant
A mini Coronation Street reunion took place at Clacton’s Princes Theatre when Michelle Collins turned up to watch Charlie Condou in pantomime action.
Ms Collins played Rovers Return landlady Stella Price on the ITV soap at the same time as Mr Condou was having his second stint as midwife Marcus Dent.
The pair were both in the programme for three years from 2011.
Ms Collins left in April and Mr Condou went on a few more months until he took up other projects, which include playing Simple Simon in Jack and the Beanstalk at the Princes for the past three weeks at Clacton’s Princes Theatre.
The pair met backstage on December 30.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Collins said: “It was great to meet up with Michelle again and she brought a crowd of friends down for the show.
“We were virtually in Corrie for the same length of time and both left the soap earlier this year.”
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 6 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 7 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 8 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 9 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 10 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
Ms Collins said: “It was good to see Charlie’s first ever taste of panto and he did really well.
“It is a totally different experience and I thought he was a perfect Simple Simon,” she said.
“I have been in a number of pantomimes myself and I know just what hard work it is all over Christmas.”
The pantomime runs until tomorrow. Call the box office on 01255 686633.